To attend summer camp, Dynamite and/or the State of Maryland require:
- Registration form (via the parent portal)
- Health Forms (via online link)
- Immunization Form (if camper attends school outside of Maryland)
- Additional Forms (if camper requires emergency medication or has other medical requirements)
CAMP REGISTRATION PROCESS
We know signing up for summer camps can be a hassle, so we've made it easier! Here are the steps:
- Click on the PARENT PORTAL link below and create an account on our parent portal/add student(s)
- Pick the week or day of camp, and the length of camp day for your camper (early drop off and late pick-up must be added separately)
- Add payment and complete online registration
- Click on HEALTH FORMS link below (these forms are REQUIRED for participation)
- See ADDITIONAL FORMS section below if your camper attends school outside of Maryland and/or has allergies or other medical requirements.
- All forms MUST be processed before campers are permitted in the gym. Registration and Health Forms can be completed online; Additional Forms can be emailed to email@example.com.
Daily options are available through July 6th*.
Weekly options are available through August 31st*.
*CLOSED JULY 4th; Special pricing (for 4-day camp weeks) for the weeks of July 4th and June 12 - 15 (MCPS out).
Note: When selecting camp, please note that there are Daily and Weekly Options. Be sure to sign up for the correct camp. When signing up for the WEEKLY summer camp option, you are signing up for the full week of the week you indicate during registration.
The State of Maryland requires additional forms, which can be completed via the link below. These forms MUST be completed before your camper will be permitted in the gym. If your child has special medication needs or resides outside of Maryland, additional forms are necessary (scroll to the bottom of this page).
CAMPERS WILL NOT BE PERMITTED IN THE GYM WITHOUT THE REQUIRED FORMS AS THIS VIOLATES MARYLAND STATE LAW.
The following forms are also required:
- If your child attends school outside of Maryland, please submit:
Your child's Health Immunization Record
- If your child will self-administer medication or requires emergency medication during camp, please submit:
- If your child has special health needs, please complete and submit:
SUMMER CAMP FAQ
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CAMP AT THE GYMNASTICS CENTER, THE AGILITY CENTER, and BOLT PARKOUR?
DGC offers preschool gymnastics, women’s artistic gymnastics, and tumbling & trampoline (TNT) camps. Preschool campers will use specialized equipment that is designed for small hands and safety. DGC can accommodate many more preschool aged (3.5 - 5 year olds) groups than DAC. Campers looking for a well-rounded women’s artistic gymnastics camp are better suited at DGC where there will be rotations on all apparatus (floor, bars, beam, vault). TNT camp is also offered at DGC on select weeks or during other weeks upon request and with adequate number of campers. TNT campers will learn skills on rod floor, trampoline, and double-mini trampoline.
The Agility Center (TAC) offers mini-agility, and agility/ninja warrior camps . Agility is a combination of tumbling, trampoline and obstacle courses using blocks, bars, swings, and ropes, while Parkour focuses primarily on jumping, flipping, and swinging between obstacles.
DOES DYNAMITE OFFER SNACK AND LUNCH FOR CAMPERS?
All gymnasts registered in half-day extended or full-day must bring or buy lunch. However, all campers are given a healthy morning and afternoon snack. Campers who wish to purchase lunch from Dynamite must place their order for pizza and juice in advance either when registering, or upon arrival in the morning.
WHAT IS DYNAMITE'S REFUND POLICY?
Cancellations made via EMAIL (firstname.lastname@example.org) must be made at least 48 hours (weekdays) in advance to receive a credit. No cash or refunds to credit cards. NO refunds will be issued for cancellations made within 48 hours from the start of camp. Cancellations via phone will not be accepted (as we cannot verify the time of the cancellation). Please note that we hire staff in advance based on registrations and must have ample time to change their schedules.
CAN I CHANGE MY REQUESTED CAMP DAY OR WEEK?
Yes, IF we have availability. Additionally, switching to different camp days or weeks before June 1st will incur no penalty; however, beginning June 1st, any transfers to other camp days or weeks will incur a change fee of $25 per week or $5/$10 per day (HD or HDX/FD). Changes may be made within 48 hours and contingent on staff availability. Please EMAIL the gym (email@example.com) if you plan to switch days, weeks or times. Changing times (ex. from HDAM to HDPM) will not incur a change fee, but is contingent on staff availability.
CAN MY YOUNGER DAUGHTER BE WITH HER OLDER FRIEND?
Campers may join groups of younger campers, but younger campers may NOT join older groups.
WHAT ARE THE CAMPER-TO-COUNSELOR RATIOS AT CAMP?
Children ages 5 and younger are in groups of 8, while campers 6 and older are in groups of 10.
HOW OLD ARE YOUR COUNSELORS?
ALL of Dynamite's lead instructors are 18 or older. Some assistant counselors are in high school, but all are experienced (most are high-level current or former gymnasts) and trained in class management, basic skill progressions, and hand-spotting. When staffing permits, older children may be grouped by age and skill level.