TRADING CLASS SPACES
At Dynamite, we understand that life happens. For this reason, we allow students to make up missed classes. To create more spaces and maximize makeup options for everyone, we ask that you report when your student will be absent. We ask that families report absences at least 48 hours in advance to provide other families with the opportunity to plan makeups.
secure your makeups
Report your absences!
ABSENCE NOTIFICATION RULES
Classes and makeups absences must be reported AT LEAST 48 HOURS prior to the class, camp or event.
Missing your scheduled class? Complete the Absence Notification form on this page.
Using your makeups for class, camp or an event but can't make it? Email us at email@example.com.
The purpose of a makeup is to offer alternatives for emergencies and scheduling conflicts . As our classes grow and become full, makeup options become scarce. So many families already call to let us know that they will be out, but we would like to make it easier (hence, the form).
Please provide as much notice as possible. More notice increases the probability that another student will have ample time to schedule a makeup in your child's vacant spot. Everyone needs to work together to share class spots when students aren't using them.
Of course, we understand if you have an emergency and ask that you inform the gym as soon as you realize your student will not be attending.
Please note that serial absences with no notification may result in makeups not being granted.
class ABSENCE NOTIFICATION
Please report your student's absence in the form below. If you are cancelling anything else, contact the gym directly.
making the most of your absences
use makeups for more than just classes
Dynamite grants UNLIMITED makeups for missed classes that can be used for classes, camp, open gyms, and events for the student, siblings or friends. Dynamite makeups can also be used at Bolt Parkour, The Agility Center, or Dynamite Tumbling & Cheer. Abuse of our liberal makeup policy may result in makeups no longer being granted and reimbursement for erroneously accumulated or redeemed makeups.
- Makeups accumulate and may be redeemed while the student is enrolled; any makeups remaining once enrollment ends will be forfeited.
- Class absences must be reported AT LEAST 48 HOURS prior to the start of class. The purpose of a makeup is to offer flexibility; however, other students need to have the option of using the vacant spot which is only possible with advance notice. Of course, we understand if you have an emergency; however, serial absences with no notification may result in makeups not being granted.
- Once a makeup is scheduled, whether or not your student attends, the makeup will be considered redeemed--whether for a makeup class, or camp, open gym or event.
- While we permit parents to schedule makeups in advance, parents are responsible for reimbursing the trial rate or regular cost of open gyms, events or camp days for any makeups used beyond the number of makeups earned upon discontinuing enrollment.
To apply makeups towards camp days or events, please contact the gym directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301.770.2700. Please include MAKEUP REDEMPTION REQUEST in the subject line so we don't miss it!
scheduling makeup classes at dynamite
To schedule a makeup, visit our Parent Portal:
- Log in to your account
- Select class, click on ENROLL NOW
- Under ENROLLMENT TYPE, select MAKEUP
- Pick the student
- Click on ADD TO CART
- Proceed to checkout
- Click on COMPLETE TRANSACTION
- Wait for an email confirmation (we do not allow makeups in classes where we know students are not registered or will not be there that day)
Want to do a makeup but the class is full? Give us a call at 301.770.2700. When someone else calls out, you are in!
go on hold
Dynamite allows students to switch from active enrollment in a class to HOLD status. While the student will lose his/her spot in class and will not longer accumulate makeups, makeups can be redeemed while on HOLD. $25/month
trade in your makeups
classes. events. competitions. camp. open gym.
the ultimate flexibility
Trade in your class makeups for classes, open gym visits, camp, competitions or special events at any of our partner gyms. Can be used for friends and siblings too.
Contact the gym of your choice to exchange makeups for events, competitions, or camps. For open gyms, just show up.
events / competitions
MOVIE NIGHT = 1 MAKEUP
COMPETITIONS = 1 MAKEUP*
SPECIAL EVENTS = 1 MAKEUP*
*unless otherwise noted
OPEN GYM VISITS
OPEN GYM VISIT = 1 MAKEUP**
**Regardless of length of open gym
CAMPS (BY THE DAY)
HALF DAY = 2 MAKEUP
HALF-DAY EXTENDED = 3 MAKEUPS
FULL-DAY = 4 MAKEUPS
Partial makeup redemption (using some makeups and paying the balance) is not permitted.
CAMP MAKE-UP RULES
Makeups may ONLY be used for daily camp days which include "School's Out" camp or summer camp from June 10 - July 5). Makeups may NOT be used for partial camp days. For example, if your camper wants to attend for the full day, 4 makeups are required to cover the entire cost of the full-day camp day. If you only have 2 makeups, you may sign your child up for half day, but not full day. The only exception is early drop off (ED) and late pick-up (LP), which must be paid for using cash or a credit card.